Sector-Based Work Academy Programme
For working in Health & Social Care and Children & Young People sectors
The Kirklees College Sector-Based Work Academy Programme (SWAP) for Health & Social Care and Working with Children & Young People job roles supports employers to recruit staff, and adults to gain qualifications and experience to progress into employment in the wide range of jobs available in these areas.
The Sector-Based Work Academy Programmes are co-ordinated and delivered by sector area specialist tutors and assessors that understand the sector, job roles and are able to support adults into work, and employers recruit the right person into job roles.
Employers we work with on the SWAP
We have partnered with a number of organisations to deliver the SWAP programme. We are proud to be working in partnership with Kirklees Council currently to deliver the SWAP programme.
- Introduction to Working in Health & Social Care Jobs
- Introduction to Working with Children & Young Peoples & Jobs
- Guest speakers from a wide range of sector job roles
- L1 Preparing to work in adult social care qualification
- L2 Awareness of adult mental health qualification
- L2 Awareness children and young people First aid
- CV development and job application support
- DBS check for placement experience or visits to employers
- Placement / shadowing day in various job roles
- Job role interview
The Sector-Based Work Academy Programme is designed to help meet employers’ immediate and future recruitment needs, as well as to recruit a workforce with the right skills to sustain and grow their business.
- You confirm your business / recruitment needs
- Source talent from our established partners and College talent pool
- Deliver bespoke pre-employment training around your needs
- Improve employability skills / behaviours
- Screen quality and competency of candidates
- Provide your company with interviewees
- Successful candidates are placed into work
It is designed for those who are ready for employment, an academy can help you attract and retain the best talent to meet both your immediate and future recruitment needs. Open to jobseekers of all ages, academies usually last between three and four weeks and offer a flexible and tailored approach. These can be hosted at no direct cost to an employer, as costs are covered by government funding.
The service is free to employers. The only commitment is a guaranteed interview for adults who complete the training, and interview feedback to unsuccessful adults. There will be opportunity to provide visits to the work place for potential candidates, and be a guest speaker to the adult students seeking employment to explain the roles you have available and information regarding your business service.
Further funded sector qualifications are available for your staff recruited via the SWAP at Kirklees College, supporting you to train and retain skilled and qualified staff.
If you are an employer and wish to discuss your recruitment requirements please get in touch.
If you are an adult interested in applying to join the SWAP please get in touch.