Students' Union & Student Voice
All students are automatically members of the National Union of Students (NUS) and that means you have access to the vast selection of excellent services, facilities and benefits that our Students’ Union (SU) offers.
Run by our elected student executive, our Students’ Union represents the needs of the student body by engaging with College management, The Student Voice and Enrichment Officer, championing the academic needs and social interests of students and the challenges and issues that affect our student population.
We also understand that many students struggle from time to time for lots of different, reasons; course or exam pressures, money worries, wellbeing or sexual health. The Students’ Union offers access to advice on a wide range of challenges that typically face students today.
Becoming an active member of the SU is a great way to enrich your college experience.
Here are Nine Ways You Can Have Your Say during your time at Kirklees College.
You’ll meet new friends, try new things, have fun, have your say and expand your knowledge, confidence and skills that prepare you for life after college.
- Join clubs and societies, or set up your own.
- Become a Class Rep, receive training and represent members of your course.
- Run in elections to be an Officer within the Students Union executive.
- Vote for the Officers you want to represent you.
- Help raise money for charity.
- Attend events and trips run by the Students Union.
- Give your views and opinions on the things that affect you.
- Work to change things for the better for all the College community.
In addition to your usual student discounts, for just £12 you can buy a Totum Card expanding those discounts to include Amazon, McDonald’s and Odeon as well as 50% off a Spotify Premium account, plus loads more, visit www.totum.com
We think there are loads of reasons to be a member, however, if it’s not for you, we understand. To opt-out, you need to inform the Learner Involvement Officer within four weeks of the start of your course.