Students' Union and Student Voice
The Students’ Union and Student Voice represents the needs and views of our student body and it’s the door to endless opportunities and possibilities on campus. It’s a great way to make new friends, join clubs, attend events, access health and wellbeing initiatives and benefit from a wide range of savings.
Term Dates and Absences
Online Payments to Kirklees College for Student Meals
Cashless payments are being introduced by College to ensure a more convenient way to pay for meals, snacks and drinks that can be purchased using the Student ID card. The card must have cash assigned to it, via this system and then the card can be used at any college till.
Once the card is registered it can be topped up at the till or you can pay online using our dinnermoney.kirkleescollege.ac.uk portal. This site gives you the freedom to make payments whenever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – safe in the knowledge that the technology used is of the highest internet security available. You don’t have to pay online; you can just top up at any of our tills.
You will have a secure online account, activated using a unique username and password.
Once students are enrolled, parents and guardians will be sent information with the details needed to make payments if you wish to do so. This system does not affect the free school meals monies also added to the student ID card.
Making a payment is straightforward and the portal holds a payment history for you to view at a later date; no card details are stored in any part of the system. Once you have activated your account you can make online payments straight away. You can see how much money has been deposited, how much spent and details of what the money has been spent on.
- Payments for cashless top ups can be made through the portal or through any of the on-site tills. Payments made through the portal can be made by debit/credit card. Payments made on-site can be made by debit/credit card, cheque or cash. The cards accepted are:
- Monies deposited are for use at Kirklees College and are non-refundable.
- If a student loses their ID card, they must inform reception immediately. They will suspend the lost card and balances will be transferred to the new card once it has been activated.
- Any balance used on the ID card prior to reception being notified of the loss, is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The ability to participate in the cashless card system is available at the discretion of Kirklees College, and may be withdrawn if misused.
- Where there are exceptional circumstances, the Student finance have the discretion to undertake a review and make a final decision in terms of refunds or balance transfers.
Kirklees College is proud to offer an elite performance Sports Academy that gives you the chance to study at college whilst training in your chosen sport.
If you are aged between 16-19 years old and you’re serious about sport, the academy is for you.
We offer a top class training programme with nationally recognised qualifications. Students are able to train at some of the very best local training facilities in Football, Rugby and other sports.
Student & Staff Awards
We love to celebrate success and our fantastic awards evenings and graduation ceremonies give us the perfect opportunity to honour your success and the staff that have supported you. We recognise your hard work, effort and achievements, whatever your preferred learning path.
Alongside academic achievement, we also acknowledge attendance and attitude, salute our top apprentices and celebrate results in external competitions.
Learning Resource Centre
With access to six LRC’s across the campus, you have a great option for group or individual study outside of the classroom. They offer the perfect environment to review, research and expand your learning, with access to an extensive range of information and electronic, IT, media and printed resources. All our centres are supported by our dedicated LRC teams.
How to Apply
Stay informed about your former college and share experiences with fellow alumni, current students and those thinking about studying with us. Want to experience the great benefits associated with being a member? We’d love to hear from you.