The state-of-the-art gym and fitness studio based at our Huddersfield Centre.
Kirklees College has its own state-of-the-art gym and fitness studio at the Huddersfield Centre in the Waterfront Quarter. You can find us in room HA-2005. It is a fully equipped gym with a range of CV and resistance machines and a wide range of free weight options including Olympic squat racks, dumbbells and Kettlebells. We also have a fully stocked studio for circuits and functional training. A new weekly workout and challenge is available every week and a fully qualified member of staff member is on hand to support training.
Student Opening Times
Monday: 9am – 1pm & 4pm – 5pm Rock Up and Train.
Tuesday: 9am – 12pm & 4pm – 7pm Rock Up and Train.
Wednesday: 9am – 12.30pm & 3.30pm – 5.00pm Rock Up and Train.
Thursday: 9am – 1pm & 4.15pm – 7pm Rock Up and Train.
Friday: 11am – 1pm Rock Up and Train.
The gym is free for all students to use! Additional Rock up and train slots will be added throughout the academic year.
Please note: The gym opening hours are during TERM TIME ONLY
*The drop-in session is not instructor led, i.e. personal training or group classes, however a gym coordinator will be on hand to induct new members, supervise, support training and provide training guidance where required .
How To Book A Session
No booking is necessary, just turn up and train.
Please note the gym operates on a maximum capacity of 20, access will be restricted if the gym is in full occupancy at the time of your visit.
Memberships, Rules and Regulations
- Membership to the Waterfront Gym is FREE to all Kirklees College students
- Access to the gym is only permitted during the advertised rock up and train sessions
- All students must complete a health questionnaire prior to starting and are responsible for keeping this up to date
- All students must complete an induction prior to starting
- During busy periods, training time is restricted to a maximum of one hour
- The rock up and train sessions are term time only
- The gym operates on a maximum capacity, access will be restricted if the gym is in full occupancy at the time of your visit
Staff membership is available for as little as £2.50 per month. It is required that all staff complete an induction prior to starting. To find out more information or to sign up please email WaterfrontGym@kirkleescollege.ac.uk from your work email address or pop down to the gym between 7-5pm to speak with our Health and Wellbeing Co-ordinator.
Staff Gym & Excercise Studio Opening Times (Exclusive Staff Only Time Slots)
Monday: 7am-9am and 4.30pm-5pm
Tuesday: 7am-9am and 5.30pm-7pm
Wednesday: 7am-9am & 3.30pm – 5pm (Students and Staff)
Thursday: 7am-9am & 5.30pm-7pm
Friday: 11am – 1pm (Students and Staff)
The gym opening hours are during term time only.
*These staff sessions are not instructor led, if you are interested in personal training, group classes or require an induction to start using the gym please contact our Health and Wellbeing Co-ordinator on the email above*.
CLASS TIMETABLE COMING SOON! We will soon be launching a new class timetable for all members.
Fitness Classes for Students and Staff
Monday: ‘Spin 30’ – 7.45am to 8.15am.
Tuesday: ‘Stretch and Reach’ – 7.30am to 8.00am.
Wednesday: ‘Learn 2 Lift’ – 12.15pm – 12.45pm.
Thursday: ‘HIIT’ – 5.30pm – 6.00pm.
Friday: ‘Kev’s Circuit Combo’ – 12.15pm – 12.45pm.
Health & Wellbeing Co-ordinator and Gym Manager
- Level 3 Personal Trainer (10 years experience)
- Level 2 Gym Instructor
- BA (Hons) in Sports & Physical Activity
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 3 Assessor
- Indoor Cycle, Les Mills Grit, Kettlebells, Circuits and Bootcamp qualified
- Sports Conditioning Coach
- First Aid Qualified