Different courses have different application methods. Click below to see how to apply for your chosen course

Choose your application form

Contact Us

General application enquiries

Tel: 01484 437033


University Hub (HE) Application team

Tel: 01484 437033

UCAS applications


Tel: 0870 1122211

Part time course enquiries


Tel: 01484 437070

Employer training courses


Tel: 0800 781 3020

School Leavers

Applying for full time courses (school leavers)

You can apply for most courses online.  Find the course you wish to apply for using the course search, scroll to the bottom of the course page and click Apply.  Follow the instructions on screen to apply online.

Alternatively you can download and print the application form:

Full Time and Apprenticeship Application form

Please return the form to:

Applications Team

Kirklees College

Waterfront Quarter

Manchester Road



To request a form through the post please contact the college’s information team


Tel: 01484 437070

Alternative ways to apply

There are other ways in which students can apply for courses, as well as through the Kirklees College website.

Year 11 students can apply through UCAS Progress. If your school has access to UCAS Progress it will allow you to apply to any college or sixth form based in the locality. You can only use UCAS Progress if your school has signed up to use it.

If your school does not have access to UCAS Progress, you will need to complete a college application form.

You can complete the form online or by picking up a spare copy from school or your local careers centre.

Alternatively you can download a copy here, complete it by hand and return it to the college’s Applications Team. The earlier you return the form to the college, the more likely you are to guarantee an interview for your place at college.

Completing the application form

To help us process your application please make sure you complete the application form clearly in black ink.

It is important that we can read:

  • Your personal contact details
  • Your current school, college or training provider
  • The course you are applying for
  • The level of the course you are applying for
  • Any support you may need, and
  • If you have an EHCP (Educational Health Care Plan)

Please indicate on your application form the centre that you wish to study at.

Tick ‘Dewsbury’ for courses running at the Dewsbury Centre (including the Construction Academy) or the Batley School of Art.

Tick ‘Huddersfield’ for courses that are based at these centres:

Huddersfield, Brunel Construction, Engineering, Hargate Hill, Highfields, Process Manufacturing or Taylor Hill.

If you are still in full time education then you need to hand the form back to your school for them to provide a reference.

What happens next?

Once we have your application we will send you an acknowledgement usually by text or email. We don’t usually start interviewing until January, however, popular courses may interview before then.

All applicants are invited to attend an assessment and/or interview, which usually takes place at college. This can either be individual or part of group activities.

Your letter will explain to you what your assessment and/or interview will involve.

If you cannot attend the set date, please contact us so we can rearrange your interview to a more suitable date.

Applying for part time courses

Part time qualifications

The following adult courses require an application form to be completed

  • Beauty Therapy or Hairdressing
  • Children and Young People’s Workforce
  • Counselling level 2, 3 and 4
  • Cover supervision of pupils in schools
  • Early Years Educator
  • Supporting Teaching and Learning in schools
  • Teaching and Training qualifications
  • Work Experience Diploma in Health and Social Care

Download and complete the part time application form.

Application Forms


For courses starting from September 2017

Part Time Application Form 2017-18

Applying for University Hub (higher education) courses

Some of our University Hub (higher education) courses require you to apply through UCAS.  At the bottom of the course information page, the ‘Apply through UCAS’ button will send you to UCAS site to complete your application.


How to Apply

All applications for full time higher education courses must come through the UCAS system.

Applying through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service)

Applications for full time undergraduate study are made through UCAS. Full details of the online application process are available from UCAS.

The UCAS application deadline for the college is 6pm on Friday 24 March 2017.

If you wish to apply after this date please contact our applications team.

Apply through UCAS to Kirklees College (K90) for:

  • Higher National Certificates (HNCs) – full time study

Apply direct to Kirklees College for:

  • Access to Higher Education
  • Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
  • Higher National Certificates (HNCs) – part time study
  • Teacher Training and Education

Already a Kirklees College student?

If you are a current Kirklees College student and would like to progress on to one of our higher education courses and would like some advice, you can:

  • Enquire with your progress coach or tutor
  • Attend a HE information event at one of our college centres (look out for adverts throughout the year) or access the resources on the VLE (KC Work Smart)
  • Contact the college’s dedicated Careers Advice Service.
  • You must still apply via the approved routes.

Training courses for your business

For enquiries about training courses for employers, please contact the Kirklees College Employers team directly. We can advise on developing a bespoke course suitable for your business, courses delivered in your work place or at college and short courses and qualifications for you and your business.


Tel: 0800 781 3020

Applying for Apprenticeships

Applying for an Apprenticeship can be confusing. You will usually have an interview at college and an interview with a company. To make it easier for you, we have broken it down into the possible routes below:

Apply direct to the college for an Apprenticeship within a curriculum area

You can apply direct to the college for an Apprenticeship within a specific area e.g. business admin by either applying online, using the college application form, or if your school uses it, via UCAS Progress.

You will go through the same assessment/interview process as our full time students. If the learning assessment officer thinks that you are suitable for an Apprenticeship they will make you a ‘conditional’ offer. A ‘conditional offer’ means that you will need to meet the entry criteria for the course outlined in the prospectus, plus you will be required to find suitable employment before your course starts. You can’t start an Apprenticeship without an employer.

We work with lots of employers who are looking for apprentices. Our learning assessment officers will then help you secure employment, either by asking you to send your details on to suitable vacancies, or by passing them on your behalf.

Apply for a specific vacancy advertised either on our website or on the National Apprenticeship website

We list all our Apprenticeship vacancies on the college website If you would like to apply for a specific vacancy then you can complete the college application form (on paper). Where you are asked to add the course title to the application form you just need to write the vacancy number and curriculum area (e.g. Vacancy VAC000725987 engineering)

Alternatively you can look on the National Apprenticeship website and apply for vacancies via this site. You just need to complete their online application.

Once we receive your applications we will invite you in for an interview with a learning assessment officer who shortlist on behalf of the company. They then recommend suitable candidates for the post to be interviewed by the company.

At interview we will be also be able to let you know about other suitable vacancies that you might be interested in applying for.

Apply direct to a company

Some companies advertise their own vacancies so it is useful to keep an eye on the local press and talk to your careers advisers. You will apply direct to the company and go through their interview process. This will still include an interview with a college learning assessment officer to check you can complete the course.

How we support you finding an employer

We will keep your details on record and send them to companies with vacancies that we think you will be suitable for. We take into account where you live, what your actual / predicated GCSEs are, and any area of specialism you have identified.  However we also recommend that you continue to look for an employer at the same time.

A good CV is key to helping you get an interview. If you are struggling with writing a CV then you can use the link on our website, or the national careers service website).

We also offer workshops to help you with CV writing and interview skills. You can book into these by contacting

Kirklees College