So, what’s the role about?
We are looking for our 2024 intake of Engineering Apprentices to shape the future of our Engineering function at Marshalls.
This 4-year Engineering Apprenticeship will cover a structured course provided by a local college with support from your mentors on site. Whilst on our manufacturing-site you’ll be given a tailored training plan to work through, supported by both your allocated mentor and your manager. On a day-to-day basis you’ll be given greater exposure to your division and the roles of your team members.
Your first year will involve attending college 2 days per week and on-site 3 days per week, so you would need to make sure you can commute to both Halifax site and Kirklees College, HD1 3LD.
You will work as part of a busy engineering team with the ultimate goal of becoming a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer.
What are the key skills/attributes for this role?
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Minimum education of 4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or equivalent, including Mathematics, English and a Science
- You’ll need a strong work ethic and a keen interest in the world of engineering and manufacturing
- The drive to learn
- The ability to work in a team as well as on your own
- It would be beneficial if you had your own method of transport due to the location of the site
In return, we will provide you with full support along your 4-year Apprentice journey, progressing you towards becoming a fully qualified Multi Skilled Engineer with a permanent job following a successful apprenticeship.