ADULT LEARNING INFORMATION EVENINGS
At Kirklees College, we have a wide range of full and part-time courses for adults in a variety of different subject areas – from free short courses to apprenticeships, the possibilities are endless! Whether you’re looking to progress your career, learn a new skill or try a new hobby, we have a course for you.
Visit our Adult Learning Information Evenings for information and advice. You’ll be able to explore the courses that you are interested in, hear from our tutors and discover what Kirklees College has to offer you.
Come along and be inspired by tutors who are passionate about their subject and about sharing their knowledge with you. We can help you plan for your future so that you can achieve your goals.
Why should you come to our Information Evenings?
- Meet with our specialist staff about courses and programmes to help you improve your job prospects or to learn new skills
- Get advice in choosing the right course to help you get work ready or secure that promotion
- Find out about our modern classrooms, creative studios, workshops, gym and more
- Take part in activities and watch practical demonstrations
- Discover our free course offer and how we may be able to support you to finance a course
- Learn about our health and wellbeing courses to support your mental and physical health
- Speak to our partner organisations from across Kirklees about work, careers and more
Adult Learning Information Evening Dates
Want to see our range of adult courses?
Take a Virtual Tour ahead of our Adult Learning Information Evenings
Everything you need to know
In some subjects yes, classes could be mixed age groups with 19+ students working alongside 16–18. This is usually in very practical subjects, for example, Construction classes, Hair and Beauty.
In some subjects, we have adult-only groups, e.g. Access, Counselling but it depends on the course you are studying.
We offer a range of English and maths qualifications for adults that take place during the day or on an evening. You can study at one of our main centres (Huddersfield or Dewsbury) or in the community. These courses are usually free to anyone who is eligible to study in the UK.
That depends on the course you have chosen to study. Some courses could be eligible for fee remission. Our Customer Service Team will assess you based on some basic personal information to see if you qualify for a free course. If you do have to pay, then it could be that you can pay in instalments, or the course could be eligible for a student loan.
The college Information Team can provide guidance with this, please contact them on 01484 437070 or email email@example.com
Some courses which are funded by central government; under devolution deals, have been transferred to funding from local areas.
If you live in one of these areas (e.g Greater Manchester, Liverpool City Region), we cannot claim any funding for your studies, therefore we will contact you and reserve the right to ask you to pay full course fees , or you can withdraw your request to join the course.