The examinations office is based at the Waterfront Quarter with a strong presence of exam staff across all Kirklees College centres during examination sessions.

About us

The team are well established, student focussed and highly effective in providing support to all customers maximising success rates.

Examinations can be sat seven days a week between 8am and 8pm at most centres as per requests and Awarding Body restrictions.

Contact Exams

Huddersfield Centre, Manchester Road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 3LD

 01484 437038
 info@kirkleescollege.ac.uk Email Us

Exams Office Opening hours

Monday – Thursday
08:30 – 17:00

08:30 – 16:30


Exam certificates are important documents awarded to students when they have successfully completed a qualification. Kirklees College will receive certificates from Awarding Bodies, keep them stored securely, and will notify students when their certificates are ready to collect.


When a certificate is ready to be collected the student will be notified by text message where possible, otherwise a postcard will be sent to the home address held in our records. If you believe you are due a certificate but have not received notification please contact the Exams Office.


We recommend that students should aim to collect their certificates promptly and keep them carefully stored in a secure place, as they will act as confirmation of qualifications which may be required in later life.

Certificates will be held for a period of 12 months from issue. Please ensure that you collect your certificates within this time to avoid having to apply for replacements.

Certificates will be produced using the student details held in our records; therefore it is essential that your details are complete and accurate. If you notice any mistakes such as incorrect spellings or dates of birth please inform College immediately.

Where to collect

Unless otherwise specified, certificates are available from the receptions at the Waterfront and Dewsbury centres depending on your place of study. Once you have been notified that you have a certificate to collect please bring your student card or other form of photo ID to the relevant centre reception between 8:30am – 4:30pm.

Posting out certificates

Certificates can be posted out if a specific request is made, however we must stress that Kirklees College cannot accept liability should the certificates go missing or become damaged whilst in the post. Any replacements required, along with relevant costs will be the responsibility of the student.

If you wish your certificate to be posted please contact the Exams Office with your request.

Certificate collection on your behalf

If you are unable to collect your certificate but do not wish for it to be posted out it is possible for someone else to collect a certificate on your behalf. If you wish to do this, please provide a signed letter in which you confirm the name of the person who we should release the certificate to. That named person should then bring photo ID for themselves to the centre reception.


If you believe there is an error on your certificate and you require a replacement please contact the Exams Office.

If you have lost your certificate or it has become damaged and you require a replacement please be aware that you will need to contact the relevant awarding body directly. Contact links for these can be found below.

Please be aware that a replacement certificate may not always be re-issued and a transcript of results may be provided.

Awarding bodies will usually charge for a replacement certificate/transcript of results, the cost of which can be around £40. The awarding body itself will be able to provide further clarification on any charges for their services.

Awarding bodies contacts

If you require any further information or advice regarding replacements please contact the Exams Office.

External candidates

Kirklees College can provide you with the opportunity to sit accredited exams throughout the year as an external candidate.  Discounts are possible for group bookings. Call now and prepare for an outstanding exam experience with excellent support in a high class eco-friendly environment.



(University Admission Tests)

£60.00 External Centre Fee plus Awarding Body Exam Entry Fees

CIM/CAM (Paper and on-line exams)

£70 External Centre Fee per module (Awarding Body Exam Entry Fees are paid direct to CIM)

AAT  (CBA tests only)

£60.00 Centre Fee per module plus Awarding Body Exam Entry Fees

E-VOLVE (On-line tests)

£60 External Centre Fee per module (Exam fees are paid to other Centre) – Negotiate price on large groups

Off-site (lap top) – 15 mile radius – mileage claim + £70 External Centre Fee per module (Exam fees are paid to other Centre) Negotiate price where more modules are required.

CITY & GUILDS (Paper based)

£60 per module – External Centre Fee plus exam fees

CSCS Prometric Health & Safety (On-line tests)

£20 External Centre Fee plus Awarding Body Exam Entry Fee

CSCS Test and Card Package – £80.00


When is my exam?

You will be informed of/find out your exam by either:

  • Your tutor
  • Letter
  • Text message
  • Pro-Portal
  • Exams timetable on college website
  • Notice boards-Hub (Dewsbury)/outside Exams office B.00.046 (Huddersfield).

Where is my exam? Room, date and time?

Check the exams timetable outside of the Exams office (B.00.046) or view our timetable. If you are still unsure, contact the Exams team.

What will I need to bring for my exam?

You will need to bring everything that is essential use for the exam i.e. black pen, pencil, ruler, eraser, calculator etc.

What equipment will be provided by the invigilator?

Nothing. You will need to bring your own equipment.

Will I need to bring some ID for my exam?

Yes. You will need your enrolment card or some other photographic identification containing your personal details.

What if I forget to bring my ID?

You must go to Reception before going to your examination room and ask for an ID check slip.

Am I allowed to take food and drink into the exam?

Food is not allowed into the exam room, but if you need to bring a drink it must be in a clear plastic bottle and kept on the floor at the side of your desk during the exam.

How soon before the start of my exam should I arrive?

You should arrive 20 minutes before the start of your exam.

What happens if I have 2 exams at the same time?

This is known as a ‘clash’, please contact the Exams office and special arrangements will be made.

What happens if I am late for my exam?

If you are delayed through problems with travel on the day of your exam YOU MUST contact the Exams office for advice on 01484 437038.

What happens if I am ill on the day of my exam?

You will need to contact the Exams office before the exam start time.

What happens if I am absent from an exam?

If you do not notify the Exams office that you will be absent before the exam you will be charged.

What happens if it snows on the day of my exam?

Check the college’s website, Facebook page, Twitter, switchboard and listen to your local radio station. Most exams will always go ahead as scheduled even if the college is closed.

Do I have to stay for the whole duration of the exam even if I have finished?

Yes. You should plan to stay for the whole time i.e. with childcare, car parking etc.

When will I get my results?

GCSE and A Level results can be collected on the specific results day in August. Notification for all other results will be provided.

How far back do Exams keep results?

Electronic results are kept for 7 years, after this all is destroyed.

Where do I go to collect my GCSE/A Level results?

You can collect your results on the specific day from the Reception at either the Dewsbury or Huddersfield centre depending on your study site.

What time can I collect my GCSE/A Level results?

Collection of your results can be obtained from the Reception area from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm.

What happens if I can't collect my GCSE/A Level results on the day?

If you can’t collect your results on the specified day, you can give a letter of authorisation to be collected on your behalf, and all remaining notifications will be sent out at the end of the day.

What if I don't agree with the results/grade(s)? Can I appeal?

For certain examinations, the exam boards have the facility for students to appeal against their results where they feel they haven’t been graded right. Any appeals have to be applied through the Exams office who liaise with the Awarding Body on your behalf and support you in your appeal right from the start to delivering the outcome from the exam board to you.

Any Post-Results Appeals have to be made as soon as possible after the release of results therefore you must contact your tutor and Exams Office for further guidance on deadline dates and costs of an appeal immediately.

There are various forms for Post Results Services that the exam boards provide:

Post-results services – A brief outline

Service 1 (Clerical re-check) – This includes:

  • Checks that all parts of the script have been marked
  • Checks the totalling of marks
  • Checks the recording of marks

Service 2 (Post-results review of marking) – This includes:

  • A Clerical re-check as per Service 1
  • Review of the marking to ensure agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly

Service 3 (Post-results review of moderation) – This is a review of the original moderation to ensure that the assessment criteria have been fairly, reliably and consistently applied.  It is not available if the coursework was internally marked (controlled assessment) and these marks were accepted without any change by the awarding body. It is not available for a single candidate the minimum number is 8 students.

With any Post-results Service there is a possibility of your original grade either changing to a higher grade, stay the same or change to a lower grade therefore before we can submit your appeal to the exam board we will require you to complete a Candidate Consent Form and send back to us.

If your grade changes the Awarding Body refunds the cost of the service back to the centre and we will refund this back to yourself.

Contact Us

Email: info@kirkleescollege.ac.uk
Phone: 01484 437038

Exams Office Opening hours:

Mon-Thu 0830-1700
Fri 0830-1630

Can I resit an exam?

You need to contact your tutor.

Do I have to pay for a resit?

All resits will be charged except for the first Functional Skills resit.

How far back do Exams keep results?

Electronic results are kept for 7 years, after this all is destroyed.

When do I know to collect my certificate(s)?

You will be sent a text message informing you that your certificate is ready for collection.

Why is it taking so long for my certificate(s) to arrive?

This can vary depending on various factors:-

  • If a tutor needs to claim other units
  • Work is waiting to be externally verified
  • The exam board have particular release dates
  • Certificates can take 2-8 weeks depending on individual exam boards.

Where do I collect my certificate(s) from?

Certificates can be collected from the Reception at either the Dewsbury or Huddersfield centre depending on your study site.

When can I collect my certificate(s)?

08:00 – 17:00 (except Bank Holidays)

08:00 – 20:00

08:00 – 20:00 (Hudds)
08:00 – 17:00 (Dews)

08:00 – 20:00

08:00 – 16:30

What do I need to collect my certificates?

You will need to bring some photographic identification otherwise we will not be able to issue your certificates.

What happens if there is a mistake on my certificate(s)?

You must contact the Exams team as soon as possible.

Can someone collect my certificates for me?

Someone else may collect the certificates on your behalf but they must have a letter of authorisation signed by you with details of their name. They must also bring some photographic identification with them.

Can you post out my certificate(s)?

We can send out your certificate(s) for you but we do not accept any liability for any lost, stolen, damaged or delay in the post.

How long do Exams keep certificates?

Certificates are kept for 12 months.

I've lost my certificate, can I get a replacement?

You will need to contact the examination board directly. A fee will be charged for replacement certificates and this will vary depending on the exam board. Awarding Bodies Contacts

What do I do in the fire alarm sounds during my exam?

Please remain calm and follow the instructions given by the invigilator. The time lost through evacuating will be added to the end of the exam, ensuring you receive the full time.

Rules and regulations

Kirklees College abides by the rules set by the Joint Council for Qualifications and the relevant awarding bodies. It is important that the rules and regulations are strictly adhered to. Any malpractice will have to be reported to the exam board and could lead to disqualification from the full qualification.

Download our rules and regulations information document below for more information.

Rules and regulations information


Kirklees College provides an examination timetable which is updated weekly allowing you to view your full exam schedule. It is important that you check your exam details in advance and ensure that you are thoroughly prepared.

Download timetable

Top 10 Exam Tips

1. Check in advance when and where your exam is due to take place and if any exam support has been arranged. (link to timetable)

2. Arrive at your exam room 20 minutes before the exam start time.

3. Make sure you bring college/photo ID with you.

4. Please remember to bring essential equipment: black pen, pencil and any other equipment you may need for your exam.

5. Ensure you’ve thoroughly read and understood the exam rules and regulations (link exam rules and regulations).

6. Make sure you are fully prepared and revised, and ready for the exam.

7. Make sure you’ve had a good night sleep, eaten well and arrive with a positive mind.

8. Make full use of the time available during the exam. There will be clock in the exam room for you to pace yourself.

9. Keep calm. If you have any concerns, raise your hands and inform the invigilator.

10. If you finish your exam early, make sure to use the time to check your answers and collate your work.

Exam preparation tips Exam results information

Exam Support

Kirklees College can provide support to students who may require exam concessions.  We have a dedicated team providing support and arranging assessments to ensure students are receiving the correct support throughout their course and exams.

If you feel you need support in exams, please talk to your tutor or Progress coach.

If you need support and exam Access Arrangements for the following needs, please contact the Dyslexia and Sensory Support Team: Dyslexia; Visual Impairment; Deafness/Hearing Loss.

Exam Access Arrangements should always be made at the start of the course, where possible.

Arrangements must reflect a student’s normal way of working and must be approved by the examination boards before concessions are granted.

Assessments must have been completed within the last two years.

In some circumstances, it is possible for current medical evidence confirming physical/mental impairment or other ill health, to be used for exam concessions.

Assessments can be booked with the Dyslexia and Sensory Support Team in the Dyslexia Workshop, B.04.008

Direct line 01484 437044

The Dyslexia & Sensory Support Team includes:

  • Dyslexia Support staff who can offer the following : in-class; 1:1 support; Study Skills sessions; specialist assessment to identify dyslexic traits; and Exam Access Arrangements assessments
  • Communication Support Workers who offer: support assessments; British Sign Language (BSL) interpreting support; specialist note taking; and 1-to-1 support for Deaf & Hard of Hearing students; and exam access requests
  • Visual Impairment staff who offer:  support assessments; specialist
  • in-class support; 1-to-1 support; modification of materials, including Braille; and exam access requests.

Below is a list of possible access arrangements:

  • Extra time
  • Computer/reader/writer
  • Read aloud
  • Scribe
  • Word processor
  • Transcript
  • Prompter
  • Oral language modifier
  • Sign language interpreter
  • Bilingual translation dictionaries with up to 25% extra time

Other arrangements for candidates with disabilities

  • Modified Papers
  • Separate rooms
  • Rest breaks
  • Use of a computer

Special consideration

This can be considered and applied by the Examinations Office if you are unable to attend an exam because of illness, suffer bereavement or other trauma, be ill or otherwise disadvantaged or disturbed during an exam.

In such instances you must alert the Examinations Office to support this claim as appropriate evidence may be required and deadlines do apply.

Financial Support

Kirklees College Financial support team help support students who have a household income of £21,000 or below.  The team are able to give advice on financial issues and assistance relating to their chosen course.

Contact email address is: – finsupp@kirkleescollege.ac.uk

Direct Line is free 0800 8046134

Students who feel they require financial support can discuss with a member of the team, based on reception at Waterfront 10.00am – 2.00pm Monday to Friday.

Or Dewsbury Centre 10.00am – 2.00pm Monday to Thursday.


Exam Boards contacts

Centre No: AH0086

AAT – Association of Accounting Technicians

Tel: 0207 397 3000

Website: www.aat.org.uk

Centre No: ID: Huddersfield 773 Dewsbury 362

ABC – ABC Awards

Tel: 0115 854 1616
Website: www.abcawards.co.uk
Centre No: 37535

AQA – Assessment and Qualifications Alliance (Manchester)

Tel: 0161 953 1180
Website: www.aqa.org.uk

Centre No: 1153
ASCENTIS – National Awarding Body

Tel: 01524 845046
Website: www.ascentis.co.uk

Centre No: WY010
ASDAN- Award Scheme Development & Accreditation Network

Tel: 0117 9411126
Website: www.asdan.org.uk
Centre No: C01894
BIIAB- British Institute of Inn keeping Awarding Body

Tel: 01276 684449
Website: http://biiab.bii.org/home

Centre No: Huddersfield 375.000 Dewsbury 375.001

CACHE Council for Awards in Childrens Care & Education

Tel: 0845 347 2123
Website: www.cache.org.uk
Centre No: 41653

CERTA (formerly OCNYHR )

Tel: 01924 434600
Website: www.certa.org.uk
Centre No: 037535

CG City & Guilds of London Institute (London)

Tel: 0844 543 0033
Option 1 – Certification Enquiry

Website: www.cityandguilds.org
Centre No: H22130

CIEH Chartered Institute of Environmental Health

Tel: 020 7827 5800

Website: www.cieh.org

Centre No: 8536705

CIM Chartered Institute of Marketing

Tel: 01628 427 500 or Education Depart 01628 427 136

Website: www.cim.co.uk

Centre No: 271 (5113 OSAT)

CITB ConstructionSkills

Tel: Centre: 0344 994 4020 Option 3

Direct Dial: 0300 453 7636
Website: www.cskills.org
Centre No: KIR678
CYQ Central YMCA Qualifications

Tel: 020 7343 1802

Centre No: H0002CS

EAL Emta Awards Ltd

Tel: 01923 652 300

Website: www.eal.org.uk

Centre No- Huddersfield: 37535A Centre No- Dewsbury: 37535C


General Student Enquiries and Replacement Certificates- 0845 618 0440- option 2 then centre number
Website: www.edexcel.com
Centre No: 12161
HIGHFIELDS 4 Courses (Door supervision, Security Guarding, Stewarding and First Aid)

Tel: Main Office & IT Enquiries: 0845 2260350

Centre No.: 239562
IAB International Association of Book-keepers

Tel: 01732 897750

Website: http://www.iabawards.org/

Centre No: 37535

IFS IFS School of Finance

Tel: 01227 818609

Website: www.ifslearning.ac.uk

Centre No: 037535

ILM Institute of Leadership & Management

Tel: 01543 266 867

Website: www.i-l-m.com

Centre No: 0107277

IMI Institute of the Motor Industry

Tel: 01992 511521

Website: www.imiawards.org.uk
Centre No: 2109
LANTRA Dry Stone Walling

Tel: 02476696996

Website: www.dswa.org.uk

Centre No:

Tel: 0113 812 0000
Web: www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk
Centre Number: 00725

Tel: 0117 314 2800
Web: www.lifetimeawarding.co.uk
Centre No: 37535


Tel: 0191 239 8000

Website: www.ncfe.org.uk

Centre No: 37535
OCR Oxford Cambridge & RSA Examinations Board

Tel: 01223 553 998
Tel: 02476 851509
Website: www.ocr.org.uk

Centre No: 930427

Tel: 01543 254223
Website: www.paa-uk.org
Email: info@paa.uk.org
Centre No: 37535
PEARSON EDI Education Development International PLC

Tel: 08445 760 045

Website: www.goalonline.co.uk (info)

Centre No: 64302

Pearson VUE – Health & Safety Tests with CITB-Construction Skills
Contact: Independent test centre 0800 731 6658

Centre No: 37535


Tel: 0845 460 4747
Website: www.rockschool.co.uk

Centre No: 307

Sports Leaders UK

Tel: 01908 689180

Website: www.sportsleaders.org

Centre No: 2183


Tel: 0191 383 1155

Website: www.signature.org.uk

Centre No:

Teesside University (HE)

Tel: 01642 218121
Website: www.tees.ac.uk

Centre No: 170973


Tel: 03333 583344
Website: www.tquk.org

Centre No: 37535 & Dewsbury Centre 37430

UCESOL University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations

Tel: 01223 553355

Website: www.cambridgeesol.org
Centre No: Huddersfield: 243/002 Dewsbury: 243/001

VTCT Vocational Training Charitable Trust

Tel: 02380 684500

Website: www.vtct.org.uk

Centre No: 37535

WJEC Welsh Joint Education Committee

Tel: 029 2026 5000

Website: www.wjec.co.uk

Kirklees College