This course is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills to an advanced level through a variety of techniques.
You will study 8 mandatory units:
- Apply airbrush make-up to the face
- You will learn to carry out a variety of airbrush make-up designs and techniques, and also how to use a range of airbrush products.
- Camouflage make-up
- In this unit you will learn about providing skin camouflage applications to cover a wide range of often complex conditions, designed to restore the skin colouration of the surrounding skin tone. It also covers the use of a variety of specialist camouflage products.
- Media make-up
- You will learn how to create casualty effects and character looks, using the application of small prosthetics. Consultation and design briefing, including the use of mood boards, are key elements of this unit.
- Style and fit postiche
- The aim of this unit is to develop your skill to an advanced level in fitting, styling and dressing various types of postiche. You will analyse the hair skin and scalp, identify the type of hair style to be worn, choose the correct type of postiche, incorporate the postiche into your hair design, use a form of ornamentation and advise your client on cleaning and maintenance.
- Fashion and photographic make-up
- You will learn about designing and applying fashion and photographic make-up and includes incorporating current fashion trends, historical/period and special occasion make-up. You will also learn about make-up for both colour and black and white photography.
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- This unit is about client care and communication in beauty-related industries. You will develop your ability to adapt the provision of client care and your communication skills, to the needs of different clients, as well as learn how to manage client expectations.
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- You will learn to recognise salon hazards, carry out risk assessments and then implement the necessary actions. You will monitor and support your colleagues to ensure your salon complies with health and safety requirements and implement and supervise salon procedures for all aspects of salon safety and security including the need for insurance.
- Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps
- Through this unit you will learn about applying, blending and colouring small prosthetic pieces such as ears, noses, chins and bald caps. You will also learn about the safe removal of prosthetics, as well as storage and cleaning methods.
You will also study 2-5 of 25 optional units, including:
- Fantasy hair design for performers
- Design and apply face and body art
- Style and dress hair using a variety of techniques
- Instruction on make-up application
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills as a professional make-up artist working with performers to a high level of occupational ability to enable you to provide hair and make-up services in the media, theatre, performing arts, fashion and photographic industries. It also provides a sound platform for further learning.
- A level 2 qualification in Media Make-Up
- GCSE English at grade 3 or above and Maths at grade 2 or above
VTCT qualifications are assessed and verified by centre staff. Work will be set to improve your practical skills, knowledge and understanding. For practical elements you will be observed by your assessor. All your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence and cross referenced to requirements listed in the qualification. An internal verifier will check your assessment and evidence is valid and reliable and meets VTCT and regulatory requirements.
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.