Virtually all companies have manual handling activities. Under health and safety legislation, there is a duty to identify where these activities could lead to a significant risk of injury and to take adequate measures to reduce the risk.
Avoidance of the task is always the best option, typically followed by the use of machinery. However, for most businesses, physical handling by people will always be required for some tasks - as will manual handling training, to ensure that they do it as safely as possible.
All delegates will:
- gain a better understanding of their and their employers legal obligations,
- understand the importance of correct lifting techniques,
- have a better understanding of the consequences of lifting incorrectly, and
- recognise the importance and be able to complete a full risk assessment.
- legislation and legal obligations,
- Work at Height Regulations,
- hierarchy of risk control,
- anatomy and techniques,
- mechanic aids,
- complete a basic manual handling checklist,
- complete a basic manual handling task/activity, and
- manual handling DVD.
Entry requirements placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Assessment methods placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Fees & Funding
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.