You will gain an introduction to animal care and countryside studies.
You will study 3-10 of 40 optional units, including:
- Assist with the care of animals
- Farm animal health
- Assist with the movement and handling of small animals
- Assist with feedstuffs for small animals
- Assist with animal accommodation
- Assist with maintaining plants
- Assist with the propagation of plants from seed
- Prepare and plant a container for display
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s with the following grades:
- English at 2 or above and maths at 1 or above, and
- two other GCSEs at grade 2 or above
You must have a keen interest in working with animals or the environment.
Assessment is continuous with tutorials, presentations, written assignments, and practical work.
On completion of this course you can go on to study one of our wide range of level 2 courses, including:
If you have previous experience working in either animal care or other land-based sectors you could use this programme as a stepping stone to re-enter work.
Fees & Funding
If you’re a full time student under the age of 19 you will not usually need to pay any course or examination fees. Students aged 19+ should contact the information office, tel: 01484 437070 for fee information.
There may be some essential costs for the course, including overalls and/or lab coat, strong footwear, and some travel costs for visits. Help may be available for students in financial difficulties. For more information contact student support services, tel: 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.