This qualification focuses on practical skills and knowledge and combines classroom and workshop sessions. You will gain the practical experience and an understanding of some of the situations that you could face in a job role within the plumbing sector.
This is not a competency based qualification, and you would need additional competence training if you were successful in securing employment in industry.
This qualification covers a wide range of subjects required by someone aspiring to work in the plumbing industry including:
- health and safety,
- scientific principles,
- pipework fabrication techniques,
- domestic hot water systems,
- domestic cold water systems,
- domestic central heating systems,
- above ground drainage,
- electrical systems within the plumbing industry.
- A level 1 Plumbing and Heating qualification, or
- A minimum or GCSE English and Maths (one at grade 4 or above and one at grade 3 or above) or equivalent
You will be assessed by on-screen exams and simulated practical assessments.
If you gain employment you may be able to study a level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating or a level 2 NVQ Diploma in Heating. These could lead to a level 3 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating.
The course will provide you with a good stepping stone into employment in many areas of the building services sector.
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.