On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Identify hardware and software required for a 2D CAD system
- Manage files including file types
- Identify the features of a 2D CAD interface
- Modify CAD settings to create drawings to correct drawing standards
- Use drawing tools to create lines and shapes accurately
- Identify the properties between single line and a line with multiple vertices
- Create text styles
- Use text entry methods to annotated drawings accurately
- Use hatch patterns to enhance drawings
- Perform basic dimension commands to specification
- Use editing routines to modify existing drawings
- Produce a border and title block
- Output a drawing in presentation format to suit the CAD software in use
Basic computer knowledge.
To join: You will need to attend a part-time enrolment session.
We now have the official dates for enrolment now and although you will be studying at the Engineering Centre you need to attend the Huddersfield Centre, Manchester Road, HD1 3LD to enrol on this course.
Dates and times are as follows:
- Wednesday 28th August (any time from 12:00-19:00)
- Thursday 29th August (any time from 17:00-19:00)
- Friday 30th August (any time from 10:00-13:00)
Please make sure to bring with you some photo ID, proof of address and, depending on your circumstances, either proof of benefits (something dated within the last three months) and/or a method of payment. You are not expected to pay for the course in full upon enrolling – you can arrange to pay in monthly instalments to be completed by the end of the course in June.
Practical assignments throughout the course as well as an end-of-course test.
Fees & Funding
Tuition Fee: £480
Exam Fee: £101
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.