This course is a two-year programme equivalent to three A levels. You will study 20 units, including 2 core units and 18 optional units.
You will study the following mandatory unit:
- Developing people in travel and tourism
- The aim of this unit is to prepare learners to be able to mentor, coach, train and lead staff within the workplace.
You will study one of the following units:
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations
- The aim of this unit is to develop the candidate’s knowledge and skills so they can locate important tourist destinations worldwide, and interpret information needed for travel.
- Promotions and sales in travel and tourism
- The aim of this unit is to provide the candidate with an awareness of promotional activities in the travel and tourism industry and the skills needed to sell products and services to customers.
You will also study optional units including:
- Principles of marketing for travel and tourism
- Special interest holidays and independent travel
- Package holidays
- Arranging business travel
- Farm and rural tourism in the UK
- Worldwide adventure tourism
- Tourism in the UK
- Investigating the cruise industry
Alongside these programmes you will have a weekly tutorial with your course tutor who will work with you to ensure you are as successful as possible and track your progress.
This programme can involve an overseas residential - previous students have been to Paris, Barcelona, Nice and Salou. Fees are charged for trips and visits. Financial support may be available form college depending on your personal circumstances - further information will be available at interview.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs with the following grades: English 4 and maths at 3 or above, and 3 other GCSEs grade 4 or above.
Written work, online exams, presentations and a practical assessment.
You could progress on to a higher education course (subject to university entry requirements) or a further course within Travel and Tourism at level 4 (depending on your age and funding status).
You could begin a career in the travel industry, such as airport customer services, air cabin crew, airport operations/security, a travel consultant, tour operations, holiday rep, business travel, tourist information, visitor attractions, passenger transport stewarding, conferencing, exhibitions, hospitality reception/advanced bookings, leisure complex customer services.
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Additional Information placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.