The course will provide you with the opportunity to gain outstanding experience and skills - working in childcare and education settings for sustained periods of time, including the potential of an amazing international work placement in forest schools in Germany.
You will study the following 8 mandatory units:
- Child development from conception to seven years
- Children’s health and well-being
- Providing safe environments for children
- Child health
- Play and learning
- Understanding children’s additional needs
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Professional Practice Portfolio 1
FOR FUNDING REASONS, THIS COURSE IS ONLY OPEN TO THOSE AGED 16-18.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs with the following grades:
- English at 4 or above and Maths at 3 or above, and
- three other GCSEs at 4 or above
- A satisfactory interview. You will need to show that you:
- are committed to the course and that you aim to improve your literacy and numeracy skills as you study,
- have good school reports for attendance, punctuality and behaviour,
- where possible, have evidence of previous experience of working with or caring for children, for example, voluntary groups or work experience
You will need to have a DBS check (formerly CRB) which the college will pay for.
You will be continually assessed through written assignments, satisfactory perfomance on placement and an external exam.
You can go on to study the following foundation and higher education courses here at Kirklees College
Supervisory positions including deputy manager and manager of childcare settings; teaching assistant roles; child minding; nannying abroad or in the UK.
Fees & Funding
As a full time student you will not usually need to pay course or examination fees (under 19).
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.