The qualification starts with a single mandatory unit focusing on getting and using information to make effective decisions and find solutions to problems. Candidates will then choose optional units to suit their needs and to help with further career development.
Support for learning is provided from one of our dedicated professional tutors throughout the duration of the course.
Unit structure, topics include:
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Understanding innovation and change in an organisation
- Planning change in the workplace
- Understanding leadership
- Leading and motivating a team
The course is aimed at candidates who are either practising or aspiring first line managers. There are no formal entry requirements, however, you will need a level of literacy to meet the self-study requirements of the course.
To join: You will need to attend a part-time enrolment session at the main Huddersfield Waterfront Quarter site. Dates and times are as follows:
- Wednesday 28th August (any time from 12:00-19:00)
- Thursday 29th August (any time from 17:00-19:00)
- Friday 30th August (any time from 10:00-13:00)
Please make sure to bring with you some photo ID, proof of address and, depending on your circumstances, either proof of benefits (something dated within the last three months) and/or a method of payment. You are not expected to pay for the course in full upon enrolling – you can arrange to pay in monthly instalments to be completed by the end of the course.
The candidate will complete assignments and case studies, building a portfolio of evidence for assessment.
Successful candidates can progress to further qualifications, including the following:
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and/or Mentoring
- ILM Level 4 Diploma in Management
- ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
This qualification will support aspiring and practising managers to improve their performance and enhance their career prospects.
Fees & Funding
Tuition Fees: £595
Exam Fees: £129
Total Fees: £724
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.