This course is the first stepping stone to a career as it gives you an understanding of business and at the same time allows you to improve your maths, English and ICT skills.
You will have the opportunity to develop your practical skills and demonstrate what you can do.
You will study the following 4 mandatory units:
- Being Organised
- In this unit you will explore techniques to improve own organisational skills and review the use of techniques to improve own organisational skills.
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- In this unit you will explore the skills and behaviours needed to meet personal progression goal and produce a progression plan to meet intended progression goal.
- Working with Others
- In this unit you will demonstrate the ability to work with others on a given activity and review own and others’ performance on a given activity.
- Researching a Topic
- In this unit you will carry out research into an agreed topic and present a summary of research findings into an agreed topic.
You will also study 6 optional units including:
- Organising a Meeting
- Branding a Product
- Presenting a Business Idea
- Contributing to Running an Event
- Recording Income and Expenditure
- Communicating with Customers
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades:
- English at 2 or above and Maths at 1 or above, and
- 2 other GCSEs at grade 2 or above
You will need to demonstrate your ability to communicate successfully through a piece of free writing.
Coursework is set that reflects the practical skills on the course.
The majority of students on this course go on to study at the next level – this includes studying one of the following courses at Kirklees College:
You could enter employment within a wide range of industry settings, in roles such as customer service adviser, reatil assistant or junior administrator.
Fees & Funding
If you’re a full time student under the age of 19 you will not usually need to pay any course or examination fees, although there is a facilities charge of £30 per year. Students aged 19+ should contact the information office for fee information, tel: 01484 437070.
You may need to pay some costs for this course including pen drives and some travel costs for visits. Help may be available for students in financial difficulties. Contact student support services, tel: 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.