This is an exciting one year course that gives you the basic skills needed to succeed in business, either progressing to employment or through continued study. You will study three mandatory units:
- Exploring Business
- In this unit you will explore the features of different businesses and analyse what makes them successful and investigate how businesses are organised.
- Developing a Marketing Campaign
- You will gain skills relating to, and an understanding of, how a marketing campaign is developed.
- Personal and Business Finance
- You study the purpose and importance of personal and business finance. You will develop the skills and knowledge needed to understand, analyse and prepare financial information.
plus one optional unit.
This course is equivalent to one A level.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs with the following grades:
- English 4 or above and Maths at 3 or above, and
- three other GCSEs at 4 or above
You will be assessed as if you were working in a new business, through a combination of live briefs, pitches, campaign design, presentations, reports and the preparation of accounts. You are encouraged to use your ideas and creative problem solving skills. You will also be given the exciting opportunity to do a relevant work placement, meet successful business people, enter competitions and go on trips.
Fees & Funding
Full time students, under the age of 19 will not usually need to pay any course or examination fees. For fee information students aged 19+ should contact the information office on 01484 437070.
You may need to pay for some essential costs for this course, including memory sticks and some travel costs for visits. Help may be available for students in financial difficulties. Contact student support services on 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.