Equivalent to 3 A levels, the Extended Diploma is a two year, full-time course that meets entry requirements in its own right to progress to Higher Education courses in Business areas before entering employment. It can also support learners to progress directly to employment in job roles in business, management and Higher Apprenticeships.
You will study the following 7 mandatory units:
- Exploring Business
- In this unit you will explore the features of different businesses and analyse what makes them successful and investigate how businesses are organised.
- Developing a Marketing Campaign
- You will gain skills relating to, and an understanding of, how a marketing campaign is developed.
- Personal and Business Finance
- You study the purpose and importance of personal and business finance. You will develop the skills and knowledge needed to understand, analyse and prepare financial information.
- Managing an Event
- You will work as part of a small group to plan, coordinate and manage a business or social enterprise event and evaluate the skills gained.
- International Business
- You will study how UK businesses develop strategies to trade globally. You will also consider the factors that influence the implementation of these strategies.
- Principles of Management
- This unit enables you to understand how the role of management and leadership in the workplace contributes towards business success.
- Business Decision Making
- You will study skills relating to business concepts, processes and data developed in earlier mandatory units to enable the formulation of business decisions and solutions.
You will study 6 optional units including:
- Team Building in Business
- Financial Statements for Specific Businesses
- Training and Development
- Market Research
- Employment Law
- Aspects of Civil Liability Affecting Business
A minimum of 5 GCSEs with the following grades:
- English at grade 4 or above and Maths at 3 or above, and
- three other GCSEs at grade 4 or above
Assessment is specifically designed to fit the purpose and objective of the qualification. It includes a range of assessment types and styles suited to vocational qualifications in the sector. There are three main forms of assessment; external (exam) internal (assignments) and synoptic (demonstrating an understanding in context).
Fees & Funding
If you’re a full time student under the age of 19 you will not usually need to pay any course or examination fees. Students aged 19+ should contact the information office for fee information, tel: 01484 437070.
You may need to pay some costs for this course, including USB stick, stationery, and a £30 facility charge for printing. Help may be available for students in financial difficulty. Contact student support services, tel: 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.