You will cover advanced aspects of beauty therapy. The course is designed to develop your understanding of advanced beauty treatments for the face and body. The level 3 programme will enhance the skills already achieved in level 2, whilst you learn new and more advanced skills. The level 3 qualification will further your opportunities, for example management or business owner.
You will study 6 mandatory units:
- Provide body electrical treatments
- This unit is about improving body and skin condition using galvanic, Electro Muscle Stimulator (EMS), micro-current, lymphatic drainage and micro-dermabrasion equipment. It covers the skills involved in providing a thorough consultation with the client to formulate a specific course of treatment tailored to individual client needs. The ability to provide relevant aftercare advice is also required.
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- This unit is about improving face and skin condition using direct high frequency, galvanic, EMS, micro-current, lymphatic drainage and micro-dermabrasion equipment. It covers the skills involved in providing a thorough consultation with the client to formulate a specific course of treatment tailored to individual client needs. The ability to provide relevant aftercare advice is also required.
- Provide body massage treatments
- You will learn about the skills involved in providing head and body massage treatments. The unit covers manual massage of the head and body as well as mechanical body massage techniques. The ability to adapt massage techniques to suit individual client needs is a crucial requirement of this unit.
- Provide electrical epilation treatments
- This unit covers the skills involved in assessing, preparing for and carrying out electrical needle epilation treatments to remove hair, using alternating current and blend techniques. You will also need to show you can competently advise clients on the care needed after electrical epilation.
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- This unit is about making sure that statutory and workplace health and safety instructions are being carried out.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- In this unit you will work with others to plan, implement and evaluate promotional activities. The ability to competently present information and interact with the public whilst demonstrating skills is a particularly important aspect of this unit.
You will also study 1 of 10 optional units, including:
- Plan and provide airbrush make-up
- Provide UV tanning services
- Provide Indian head massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Provide stone therapy treatments
- A level 2 beauty therapy qualification,
- English and Maths at GCSE grade C / level 2 or above, or
- an initial assessment indicating that you are working at level 2 and you are able to achieve level 2 English and level 1 maths within one year.
- You should demonstrate an interest or knowledge of beauty therapy and wish to take up a career in the industry.
Your practical skills will be assessed, providing treatments in a commercial beauty salon. You will also need to submit a portfolio of the work you complete during the course as evidence.
Fees & Funding
As a full time student, under the age of 19, you will not usually need to pay any course or examination fees. Just like any other college, you will be expected to pay for some essential costs.
For this course these include uniforms, practical kits and stationery, which will cost approximately £100. Help may be available for students in financial difficulties. For more information contact student support services, tel: 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.