You will learn using case studies, group work, individual research and online support. You will:
- develop independent study skills and apply these to realistic assignments throughout the course,
- learn online,
- learn complex accounting tasks, including preparing final accounts for sole traders and partnerships, and
- learn how to maintain cost accounting records, preparation of VAT records, cash management, professional ethics and spreadsheets.
You will study the following units:
- Accounts preparation
- Prepare accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Costs and revenues
- Professional ethics
- Indirect tax
- Spreadsheets software
Time will be spent in class undertaking different activities either individually or as a group. You will develop independent study skills and apply these to realistic assignments throughout the course. You will also have online provision.
You will attend either:
- one full day per week (Tuesday or Wednesday 09:00-16:45)
- two evenings per week (Tuesday and Wednesday both 17:15-20:45)
To join this course please attend an enrolment session at the Huddersfield Centre on either:
- Wednesday 28th August (any time from 12:00-19:00)
- Thursday 29th August (any time from 17:00-19:00)
- Friday 30th August (any time from 10:00-13:00)
You will require:
- Association of Accounting Technicians level 2,
- A level in Accounting, or
- AAT Skills Check recommendation to start AAT studies at Level 3.
Assessment is through computer-based exams and case studies or work-based evidence throughout the year.
Course progression placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Association of Accounting Technicians Diploma level 4.
What are former students doing now?
Students have found employment in a variety of different occupations in the accounting field whilst continuing their studies at level 4, other students have progressed on to professional courses at university.
Fees & Funding
Tuition Fee: £1,836, Exams: £237, Materials £500. Total: £2,573
As a student on AAT programmes you would need to become a member for which there is a joining fee and annual membership fee (£135).
You will be expected to pay for some essential costs such as text books.
Help may be available for students in financial difficulties. Please contact student support services on 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.