The course covers both traditional and digital skills, developing and building on hand drawing practice and CAD based creative outcomes, for example. Digital outcomes are investigated using the Adobe Creative Suite; developing an understanding of programs, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop.
The HND covers a range of arts based outcomes and interpretations including business knowledge, the different strands of arts employability and understanding creative and corporate briefs/commissions (this is subject to change depending upon cohort recruitment/requirements and Pearson curriculum offered)
The course offers the opportunity for you to collaborate with peers and develop a skills set across a spectrum of arts disciplines.
Critically, the course prepares you for further development through higher education should you require to progress study to level 6. The course offers the opportunity for students to seek direct employment, if additional further study is not required. Skills taught on the HND reflect the current cross-sectional vocational skills requirements employers are currently seeking, (both digital and traditional), within the jobs market. The HND also prepares practitioners for self-employment.
Units of study (subject to Pearson change of curriculum) will include:
- Unit 32 Professional Practice
- Unit 33 Applied Practice Collaborative Project (Pearson set)
- Unit 40 Advanced Arts Practice Studie
- Unit 48 Conceptual Practice
- Unit 58 Placement: Creative Industries
- Unit 61 Creative Entrepreneurship
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Level 4, (or equivalent) preferably gained in a creative outcome
- Ability to demonstrate an interest in art and design via a creative portfolio, (preferred)
- The HND also welcomes applicants from potential students who have a desire to develop their interest in creative arts. We welcome applicants with life experience, industry experience, those who may want to undergo a career change, those who may have had a change in direction regarding academic pathways. We also welcome applicants from potential students who may be interested in starting up their own business.
Is it right for me placeholder. do not edit or delete.
What are the business benefits placeholder. do not edit or delete.
- Written assignments
- Critical reviews and reflective evaluations
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
how to apply enrol placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Additional Information placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.