You will be employed in industry, earning a wage whilst gaining skills and qualifications that employers need and value.
- maintain and repair cars, vans, lorries and other vehicles, such as buses and coaches.
- diagnose problems, advise the owner about the options and then carry out the required work.
- work on vehicle mechanical and electrical systems using a variety of tools and diagnostic equipment.
Modern vehicles are very sophisticated and include a great deal of computerised and electronic systems that require specialist knowledge.
Motor vehicle technicians need:
- an excellent working knowledge of motor vehicles,
- to communicate well with customers and team members,
- a good level of fitness and normal colour vision,
- willingness to learn on the job, working quickly and methodically,
- to be interested in cars/heavy vehicles and electronic equipment.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English and maths at 4 or above and 2 other GCSEs at grade 3 or above including science or technology.
At college and in the workplace. You will need to take exams.
Fees & Funding
There are no fees to be paid by the apprentice, but an employer contribution maybe applicable.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.