The qualification covers electrical installation and maintenance and domestic, commercial and industrial electrical installation.
During your study you will learn about:
- health and safety legislation
- environmental legislation
- principles of planning and selection for the installation of electrotechnical equipment and systems
- practices and procedures for the preparation and installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment
- cable termination
- inspection and testing
- fault finding
The Apprenticeship will include:
- Knowledge based qualification
- Competence based qualification
- Employee rights and responsibilities
You will be employed in industry, earning a wage whilst gaining the skills and qualifications employers need and value as well as:
- An appropriate level 2 Apprenticeship,
- A minimum of GCSE English and Maths (one at grade 4 or above, one at grade 3 or above) or equivalent, or
- A level 1 Electrical Installation qualification, and
- A satisfactory interview.
Assessment methods placeholder. do not edit or delete.
You can go on to study a degree or a Higher National Diploma course in architecture, architectural technology, land surveying, construction management, quantity surveying, civil engineering, building surveying, building services engineering, landscape architecture or structural engineering.
You could enter employment at technician level, working as a trainee estimator, site engineer or architectural technician.
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.