Bricklayers build and repair walls inside and outside of properties and work on other kinds of brickwork, such as tunnel walls and chimney stacks. You will be working in a construction environment and your duties will include brickwork skills, such as cavity walls, arches and piers.
The Apprenticeship will include:
- Knowledge based qualification - level 2,
- Competence based qualification - level 2
- English - level 1,
- maths - level 1,
- Employee rights and responsibilities,
- abrasive wheel training.
- You must have an employer to support you through your Apprenticeship and give you time off to attend college. Many people find their own job or are already employed but if not, college staff can help you find employment.
- A minimum of GCSE English and Maths (one at grade 2 or above, one at grade 1 or above) or equivalent or a level 1 Bricklaying qualification, and
- You need to be happy working outdoors, carrying out manual work, and
- You should demonstrate an interest or knowledge of working in the vocational area and wish to take up a career in a relevant industry.
Assessment will include evidence of the activities you have undertaken in the workplace and a practical synopsis assessment and a global online assessment (GOLA) test at the end of each unit at college.
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.