This qualification gives individuals the opportunity to explore and develop skills and understanding in a range of areas specific to the working environment.
- Prepare for activity sessions
- Lead activity sessions
- Conclude and review activity sessions
- Support the work of the team and organisation
- Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Support equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation
A maximum of two optional units must also be completed from the list below:
- Contribute to participants' personal and social development
- Contribute to participants' exploration and understanding of the natural environment
- Administer finance and information
- Support the development of the sport or activity
- Look after participants when they are away from home
- Enable disabled people to take part in activities
- Contribute to adventurous activities
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
You will also study further in a vocationally relevant qualification such as:
- Level 2 YMCA Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym Based)
You will work towards achieving a level 2 qualification in Maths and English (unless GCSE grade C or above has already been achieved).
You must have an employer to support you through your Apprenticeship and give you time off work to attend college. Many people find their own job or are already employed, but if not college staff can try to help you find employment. There can be no guarantee of employment, however.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades:
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English and maths at 3 or above and 2 other GCSEs grade D or above. Applicants should demonstrate a keen interest in sport and a relevant background in participation in sporting activities. You must also have suitable employment.
Applicants should demonstrate a keen interest in sport and a relevant background in participation in sporting activities.
Applicants should demonstrate a keen interest in sport, fitness and a relevant background of participating in sporting and fitness based activities.
You will build and develop a diverse e-portfolio of evidence that will be made up using the following assessment methods:
- professional discussions
- work based observation reports
- practical tutor observations
- employer/supervisor witness statements
- photographic and video evidence
On completion of this programme learners can progress onto:
- level 3 vocational study programmes
- level 3 Apprenticeship in Sports Development
On completion of this programme learners can progress into fitness instructor roles and gym/leisure based roles.
For those looking to work in an educational setting there is normally a need for appropriate teaching qualifications which can include a degree.
Some apprentices may wish to progress their careers in a leadership role and gain further qualifications to assist them towards becoming assistant teachers or qualified teachers in schools or further education colleges.
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.