- prepare a dog for styling;
- understand the use of grooming equipment and maintenance;
- remove excess coat by electrical and non-electrical means; and
- trim dogs paws and pads.
- to commit to 100 per cent attendance;
- to demonstrate that you have relevant work experience of grooming and a keen interest in animals, particularly dogs; or
- a level 2 qualification in grooming and subject to the tutor’s discretion; and
- good basic numeracy and literacy.
To join: You will need to attend a part-time enrolment session.
We now have the official dates for enrolment now and although you will be studying at the Taylor Hill Centre you need to attend the Huddersfield Centre, Manchester Road, HD1 3LD to enrol on this course.
Dates and times are as follows:
- Wednesday 28th August (any time from 12:00-19:00)
- Thursday 29th August (any time from 17:00-19:00)
- Friday 30th August (any time from 10:00-13:00)
Please make sure to bring with you some photo ID, proof of address and, depending on your circumstances, either proof of benefits (something dated within the last three months) and/or a method of payment. You are not expected to pay for the course in full upon enrolling – you can arrange to pay in monthly instalments to be completed by the end of the course in June.
You will be assessed continually through practical evaluation and written assignments.
Fees & Funding
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.