What will the apprentice be doing?
- To ensure the appropriate P.P.E is worn at all times as required
- To ensure Health and Safety regulations adhered to, both on and off the work premises
- To ensure the daily workload is completed to the correct specification on time, ensuring work is checked on a regular basis to ensure any non-conformities are recorded and that the quality procedure is performed, recorded and accurate
- To ensure the warehouse is kept tidy at all times and tools put away
- Making sure all waste is disposed of in line with our environmental policy
- To help and assist in all goods being loaded securely and correspond with the picking and delivery note prior to leaving the warehouse
- To listen and follow any instructions given by the installation supervisor whilst on site
- Products that are to be sited as part of the order must be sited as to the customer satisfaction and all packaging removed from customer premises
- To complete all college work given to you by your assessor on the deadlines given
- The company will give you a set amount of hours per week to complete any outstanding college work given by the assessor
- To learn and develop independent working skills in Warehousing and Distribution throughout your apprenticeship
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard, which involves college one day a month over the full period of the apprenticeship
- The final year will involve completion of a portfolio and preparation for End Point Assessment (EPA). This measures the skills, knowledge and behaviours outlined in the standard and is carried out by ESFA approved organisations independent from the college
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential for ongoing learning, development and advancement within this growing business which operates within a growth sector
Things to consider
The starting wage rate is £5.00p/h. This will be reviewed in line with performance and progression through your apprenticeship.