What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word and Excel
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Administration and Data Entry
- Handling enquiries through to purchasing and invoice
- Liaison with both customers and suppliers
- Customer Follow ups
- Adhoc duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A – C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given one day per week as time off to study; you will attend classes face to face or via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications