What will the apprentice be doing?
- General administrative duties including typing
- Correspondence by e-mail and letter
- Processing receipts, sales invoices and payments
- Providing excellent customer services to our clients, through incoming and outgoing calls, emails and face to face meetings
- Completing VAT return forms
- Ensuring that accounts are accurately monitored and recorded
- Dealing with a company’s payroll by processing wages and employee expense claims
- Preparing profit and loss accounts sheets
- Preparing balance sheets
- Answering the phone and reading/sending emails to clients
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors that comes to the office
- To undertake filing, record keeping
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
- Counting, recording, checking and balancing of all donations and receipts as directed by and with the Finance Assistant
- Recording incoming post in the post book, and recording any donations received via the post onto batch sheets
- Import online donations into Sage and Donorflex and reconcile
- Weekly processing of purchase orders under the supervision of the Finance Assistant
- Dealing with credit card transactions made at reception, over the phone and by the post
- Assisting the Finance Assistant with the preparation of Gift Aid Claims for submission by the Finance Manager
- Cover routine duties in the absence of other members of the Finance Team
- Assist with preparation for the annual audit
- Contribute to the development of audit, standards, quality improvement and action plans for the finance team
- Undertake any other duties required by the DFR or finance manager commensurate with the post
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will recieve a Level 2 or Qualification in Accountancy.
You will attend college One day a week either via Teams meeting or at our Waterfront centre in Huddersfield.
Your college release day is once a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a strong possibility of a permanent position and progression to Level 4 Accounting.
Things to consider
Travel time, distance and access.
Employment can start prior to training start date (September).