What will the apprentice be doing?
On this apprenticeship the apprentice will be:
- MIG welding
- TIG welding
- Stainless steel and steel welding
- Chop saw
- Mechanical assembly
- Booking in and processing laser cut and raw materials into stock
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- You will attend Kirklees College Engineering Centre one day a week over the full period of the apprenticeship
The final year will involve completion of a portfolio and preparation for End Point Assessment (EPA). This measures the skills, knowledge and behaviours outlined in the standard and is carried out by ESFA approved organisations independent from the college.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Every prospect to improve your skill set, learn new and move up within the business with pay rises to reflect.