What will the apprentice be doing?
Working in the Customer Development Centre requires the candidate to demonstrate a professional image at all times by adopting strong business ethic.
Skills and qualities required
- Motivated, hardworking and tenacious individual.
- A desire to develop the company product knowledge and a motivated approach to the role are essential
- Wants to learn and achieve
- Smart & Presentable
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
The role will include some of the following areas:
- Accept customer enquiries for products/prices and availability by phone/email/fax, responding in a timely manner
- Check customer orders are the correct price/product/pack size/ if not, advising customer and obtain the necessary authorisation from customer to proceed with the order
- Advise customers of any delays in meeting their required date
- Process customer orders in SAP ensuring stock and customer credit availability, generating correct paperwork to send to order management team and customer
- Open new customer “pro-forma” and credit accounts
- Liaise with Sales Engineers on new opportunities, recording quotations/correspondence on CRM database
- Provide in field support to Sales Engineers and Technical Service Engineers as and when appropriate
- Follow up quotes and correspondence and proactively contact customers within planned accounts to promote Klüber products and services
- File all completed paperwork in the appropriate customer files
- Record non conformances and complete GRN record (if applicable)
- Support KLGB Marketing Manager in various activities including but not exclusively, lead generation campaigns, social selling and exhibitions
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms.
Part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments with by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence ongoing during your apprenticeship programme
- Access support from your tutor assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Overview of Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Whilst there will be no guarantee of a substantive position Klueber will guide, support and encourage suitable apprentices to apply for appropriate vacancies as and when they arise.
The company has a very good record of supporting workers through in-house training and apprenticeships and other apprentices have secured employment.
If there is another apprenticeship opportunity available, there may be a possibility that you undertake the Level 3 Business Administrator or Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship, subject to satisfactory achievement of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The starting rate is dependent upon experience, our aim is to pay above the national minimum wage, were appropriate; we are also open to negotiation. Holidays are 25 plus bank holidays.