An enthusiastic, well-motivated and highly organised person is required to join a small but busy sales, administration and customer services team.
You will require good communication skills, excellent written English with the ability to prioritise your workload and work to agreed timescales. Good typing skills are required and the ability to using spreadsheets, email, and the internet.
Familiarity with Social Media and Online Shopping Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Amazon and eBay would be
You should have a flexible approach to your work and a professional attitude as you will be liaising with suppliers, customers, warehouse staff and others within the company.
As an Office Apprentice, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks in our sales and administration office.
These tasks will include:
- Processing orders and customer enquiries
- Maintaining our online product listings
- Monitoring Stock/Inventory
- Preparing marketing materials
- Providing administrative support to the sales team
- Responding to customer queries via email and messaging services
- Excellent telephone manner
- Liaising with couriers on delivery issues
- Updating websites with product information
As part of your contract of employment, completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development.
The requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions, lessons and work-based training/support sessions.
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor and manager, when required
This is not an exhaustive list; this is a brief overview. You will however be required to undertake other duties that are relevant to the post as and when required to meet the business’ objectives.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Overview of Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard. The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical observation
- Professional discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.