What will the apprentice be doing?
The Regeneration Team will deliver a range of maintenance projects to Connect Housing’s tenants and other customers. We will provide employment opportunities through the use of apprentices meeting our business plan objectives to be recognised as a local community based employer of choice. With support from all members of the team providing apprentices with the necessary skills and work experiences to be able to successfully gain employment in the open jobs market on the completion of training programmes and apprenticeships.
- To provide a range of administration duties, including photocopying, filing, invoice processing, sorting and distributing post, workforce timesheet record keeping, call handling, emails and general administration
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers, including responding to routine correspondence.
- To deal with customer contact in line with Connect’s policies and procedures.
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including data input; keeping records and general filing as directed.
- To organise meetings and events; ensuring that all necessary arrangements are made.
- Actively engage in the learning programme and fully engage with study programmes to achieve NVQ2 in Business Adminstration within the set timeframe.
- Use the knowledge gained at college and via work experience to contribute at team meetings.
- To fully participate in the training and assessment process to develop and demonstrate a range of skills.
- Maintains and updates relevant records, as directed, of all activities undertaken in the course of the working day to ensure accurate and up to date reporting information is available.
- Implements the Association’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy to ensure equal access to all services provided by the Regeneration Team.
- Adheres to the Associations policies and procedures with regard to confidentiality at all times.
- Undertakes any other duties as agreed. It is acknowledged that the duties attached to all posts require periodic review in the light of prevailing circumstances and that flexibility is necessary to ensure the effective utilisation of human resources.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will get a Level 3 Business Administration Qualification equivalent to an A Level.
You will do a 1 day college day release this is a paid working day.
Your training will take place at Huddersfield Waterfront centre.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position (subject to availability), following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship programme.