What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Ensure deliveries are accurate and counted correctly
- Check for damaged and missing items
- Assist in loading shipments
- Dispatching company orders on computer system
- Loading onto freight transport
- Stock checks as required
- Assisting planning for stock rotation and optimisation of space
- Assisting in developing warehouse performance and organisation
- Assisting in security of warehouse and contents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The successful candidates will study the Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprenticeship standard at Kirklees College
- In College one day a month over the full period of the apprenticeship
- The final year will involve completion of a portfolio and preparation for End Point Assessment (EPA). This measures the skills, knowledge and behaviours outlined in the standard and is carried out by ESFA approved organisations independent from the college
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this prior to taking the End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Subject to satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship, we are looking to take on the apprentices as full time members of staff
Things to consider
The role will involve lifting.