What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties will include, but won’t be limited to the below:
- Picking and packing orders
- Maintaining a safe and tidy work environment
- Assisting with deliveries
- Processing returns
- Effective and efficient service to internal/external customers
- Using internal database and systems
- Adhering to Health & Safety policies and procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard, which involves college one day a month over the full period of the apprenticeship
- The final year will involve completion of a portfolio and preparation for End Point Assessment (EPA). This measures the skills, knowledge and behaviours outlined in the standard and is carried out by ESFA approved organisations independent from the college
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship full time employment at Automint would be considered. Full time employment would come with the potential to work up through the roles in the warehouse in a growing company.
Things to consider
It is a busy, fast paced and sometimes pressured environment. Some heavy lifting will be required and minimal work at heights.