What will the apprentice be doing?
Over the course of your apprenticeship you will learn everything from very basic to highly skilled mechanical assembly of goods to be despatched.
• Training will also be provided on milling machines and manual lathes as well as all forms of pneumatic tools such as drills, rivet guns, etc.
• You will also learn how to repair, service and maintain goods which over time have fallen into disrepair or are due their annual maintenance.
• You will also learn how to prepare, polish and finish goods for despatch.
• An exciting opportunity for the right candidate(s) where no two days are the same
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Operative Level 2 Standard
- Diploma in engineering operations (skills) L2
- Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge) L2
In college one day a week over the full period of the apprenticeship.
The final year will involve completion of a portfolio and preparation for End Point Assessment (EPA). This measures the skills, knowledge and behaviours outlined in the standard and is carried out by ESFA approved organisations independent from the college.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Every prospect to improve your skill set, learn new and move up within the business with pay rises to reflect