What will the apprentice be doing?
We design and manufacture professional lighting equipment for global clients such as Google, Mojang and Facebook. Our products are known for technical performance and circular economy.
Vibrant apprenticeships and work experience placements for young people are important for our business. Here’s our apprentices in their own words: 2 x apprentices, 2 x apprenticeships. This is what they learned. – YouTube
Duties to include:
- Goods-in and quality control
- Warehouse management
- Picking and distributing parts
- Packaging and palletising finished goods
- Factory maintenance, tidiness and cleaning
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard, which involves:
College one day a month over the full period of the apprenticeship.
The final year will involve completion of a portfolio and preparation for End Point Assessment (EPA). This measures the skills, knowledge and behaviours outlined in the standard and is carried out by ESFA approved organisations independent from the college.
Apprentices without Level 2 (GCSE grade 4/C or above or equivalent) in English and maths will need to achieve this prior to taking the End Point Assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If a suitable position is available at the end of the apprenticeship then apprentice will be able to apply.
Things to consider
- Immaculate, clean, modern factory with great workstations, bathrooms, natural light and Spotify
- Free cooked lunch, tea, coffee and snacks every day
- We’re a no smoking organisation
- Full course information – Supply chain warehouse operative / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education