What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include various payroll administration and finance duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship:
- General administrative duties including generating various letters to clients and Contracts of Employment to Employees
- Responding to clients by email swiftly
- Assist payroll team with all aspects of Payroll & Pensions administration for 4 weekly and monthly paid employees
- Advance to more detailed calculations after a period of training and progression.
- Making online payments
- Assist with payroll year end routines
- Set up new payroll client files
- Maintain records ensuring complete accuracy & confidentiality
- To undertake scanning, filing, photocopying, shredding and distribution of relevant documents
- Ensuring office remains tidy and all equipment is cleaned each week
- Opening and distributing/franking post
- Washing up
- Emptying the shredder
- Keep up to date and complete all necessary assignments/work-based evidence issued by Kirklees College to ensure completion of the apprenticeship programme.
As part of your contract of employment you will also have the opportunity to complete the Apprenticeship Training Programme and this forms part of your duties; we are keen to support your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions, lessons and work-based training/support sessions
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going.
- Access support from your tutor assessor and manager as and when required
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed, and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
You will cover the necessary Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours, gather evidence and attend workshop / taught classes throughout the duration then complete an End Point Assessment.
The End Point Assessment involves:
- Portfolio Development
- Professional Observation
- Professional Discussion and Interview
You will be given paid time off for study to achieve your apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship programme to be undertaken will be dependent upon the successful candidates’ qualifications and experience.
You may be required to complete the Level 2 apprenticeship before progressing on to the Level 3.
Should you be offered the Level 2 Customer Service apprenticeship, on successful completion, you may be offered the opportunity to later progress onto the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Each course will cover a range of Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours as outlined by the apprenticeship standard, these will be transferable and suitable to an administration role in any sector.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications