What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include various duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, photocopying/scanning record keeping, photocopying/scanning and distribution of relevant documents.
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word and Excel.
- Using databases such as E2i and Evalu-8 (training will be provided).
- Assisting Payroll with Timesheet administration and queries.
- Assisting the Sales team with processing of quotes.
- Assisting the Sales team with any digital marketing initiatives (posting company updates on Linkedin, supporting a third party company to make improvements to the website).
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post.
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required.
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy.
- Dealing with stationery/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate.
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required.
- Dealing with requests for information.
- Ensure that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction session, lessons, work-based training/support sessions.
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going.
- Access support from tutor/assessor/manager as and when required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
What qualification will be achieved:
Overview of Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A – C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given one day per week as time off to study; you will attend classes face to face and via Teams at Kirklees College in Huddersfield. The study day is a Wednesday.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, you will arrange a meeting with Nichola Barnes to discuss your application.
If you do not make contact your application will not progress any further. For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on 07788390025 or email@example.com
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have. The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.