What will the apprentice be doing?
Overall purpose of role
To provide administrative support displaying a high level of administrative, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
1. Maintaining productive and effective working relationships within the trust through regular communication and support.
2. To provide administration support to the finance team by monitoring central finance mailbox, answering telephones, overseeing basic administration tasks such as store and/or distribute documents as required.
3. To ensure all correspondence and communications are produced to the highest standard within appropriate deadlines.
4. To assist the Finance Managers to ensure queries from Administration Managers and Headteachers are dealt with promptly and professionally.
5. Under the direction and guidance of the Finance Team assist with the delivery of an effective financial accounting service, ensuring transactions are processed in an efficient and timely manner, i.e.
- a. Maintaining supplier and customer databases as directed
- b. Processing purchase ledger orders generated from requisitions raised at school level (paper and web based), accurately and in accordance with agreed authorisation and timescales
- c. Distributing purchase ledger orders to suppliers and budget holders as required
- d. Processing purchase ledger invoices, checking to orders and goods received notes, and ensuring appropriate authorisation
- e. Processing purchase ledger payments in accordance with supplier payment terms
- f. Raising sales ledger invoices from appropriate documentation
- g. Distributing sales ledger invoices and statements to customers
- h. Processing income, banking and direct debits
- i. Creating and maintaining files and record keeping in association with the above
Under the direction and guidance of the Finance Manager, observe the trust’s financial regulations, policies, procedures and controls.
7. Under the direction and guidance of the Finance Manager, assist with the maintenance of external and internal audit files.
8. Commit to and work towards delivering an outstanding education for children and young people in our schools, taking appropriate action to ensure that team members do likewise.
Expertise in Role – After initial development – Level 2.
Has a basic understanding of the use and application of the trust’s accounting systems, processes and procedures.
Is able to work on own initiative ensuring goods/services are delivered to schools promptly, suppliers are paid on time, and transactions are processed accurately.
Has basic knowledge and understanding of the trust’s financial regulations, policies, procedures and controls, and can apply them in the work setting.
Has basic knowledge of the trust and school structures and organisation.
Has successfully developed contacts with people, both internal and external.
This post requires the post holder to work in settings with children and young adults. Any employment offer is therefore subject to the results of an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). People who may have contact with younger children (i.e. primary school age) are also required to complete a declaration about family or other members of their household.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will complete a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner standard, covering the required Knowledge Skills and Behaviours
1 day to study at Kirklees College, this is part of your contract of employment.
Your day release will take place at Huddersfield Waterfront centre.
Functional Skills in maths and English (if required).
An End Point Assessment will take place after 12 months. The EPA will involve a professional discussion, observation, showcase of portfolio and professional interview/discussion.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
There is an opportunity for you to progress onto the Accounting Level 2 Apprenticeship following successful completion of the Customer Service Level 2 Practitioner Apprenticeship Programme.