The role will be to assist in the provision of an efficient and effective whole school administrative support service whilst undertaking an appropriate Apprenticeship programme.
You will study at Kirklees College, following the Customer Service Level 2 or the Business Administration Level 3 standard. The standard you follow will be dependent on experience. Should you be offered the level 2 Customer Service apprenticeship, on successful completion, you may be offered the opportunity to later progress onto the Business Administration Level 3 qualification.
Each course will cover a range of Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours as outlined by the Apprenticeship standard. tThese will be transferable and suitable to an administration role in any sector. Health and Safety and other role specific processes and tools will be taught in Company.
Duties to include:
- General administration duties include processing term time holiday requests and issuing penalty notices
- Producing a variety of letters/communication home to families as directed
- Minute taking as directed
- Data input onto Management Information Systems
- Filtering and distributing incoming post and emails
- Assisting colleagues with the preparation of documents for the whole school and/or departmental meetings and events
- Undertaking data/evidence gathering
- Providing a friendly, professional and customer focused service to all stakeholders
- Ensuring all general enquiries (email, face-to-face, telephone and letters) are responded to in a sensitively and timely manner, in accordance with procedures and directing difficult/ complex enquiries to the appropriate staff
- Undertaking main reception and student services reception cover duties as and when required
- Undertake any such duties commensurate with the post as directed by the Headteacher/Line Manager
- As part of the wider duties and responsibilities, the post holder is expected to promote and actively support the school’s responsibilities towards safeguarding
- A good knowledge and understanding of the Data Protection Act 2018 and a willingness and commitment to ensure compliance of this and any associated data-related legislation
- Develop and maintain an awareness of mental health issues affecting both colleagues and students/learners and in act in a supportive way that helps others and enables them to be open about any issues affecting them
- The postholder will be fully supported during the apprenticeship and will receive a full induction in school and ongoing training
Things to consider
Apprentice rate of pay in year 1 (currently £4.81). In year 2 the postholder will be paid Grade 3. The wage may be negotiable, subject to experience and available budget. It may also increase after a probationary period, subject to satisfactory employment and progression on the apprenticeship programme.