What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will have the ability to communicate in a professional manner face to face, over the telephone or online
- Update and maintain records both computerised and paper based to a high level of accuracy
- Reception duties – meeting and greeting clients in a confident and courteous manner
- Deal with telephone calls and ensure that accurate messages are taken and forwarded to the relevant person
- Update company’s social media platforms and deal with any marketing activities as directed by the Business manager
- Process incoming and outgoing mail promptly
- General administration tasks to include, filing, archiving, typing, scanning and photocopying
- To work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the organisation provides an efficient and effective service to clients
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties whilst helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments
- Build up your portfolio of evidence
- Access support from your tutor / assessor and manager, as and when required
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive, and the post holder is also required to undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Customer Service Level 2 Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
The standard covers the following:
- Behaviours and Attitude
You will complete an End-Point Assessment (EPA) this will involve the following:
- Showcase Portfolio
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills Level 1 and then Level 2 in maths and English, Exemptions may apply if Grade A* to C or 4 to 9 GCSE, Functional or Key Skills Level 1 or 2 (or equivalent).
You are given one day per week as paid time off to study. You will be required to attend classes face to face at Kirklees College in Huddersfield Town Centre, as well as on Teams. Classes are delivered on a Wednesday.
The standard you follow will be dependent on experience, if you have already achieved a Customer Service or Business Administration Level 2, we can consider you for the Business Administration or Customer Service Level 3 Apprenticeship programme.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification
- There may also be further apprenticeship or other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Starting rate can be negotiated and will depend upon experience.