What will the apprentice be doing?
Applications are invited from individuals who are enthusiastic, have a hands-on approach and wish to develop a long-term career in this industry.
We are happy to accept applications from candidates from school leavers to mature applicants.
We require you to undertake the Customer Service Standard as we require the candidate to have a Customer focussed approach.
The role will involve the following:
- Liaise proactively with customers on a day-to-day basis and undertake all counter sales functions in accordance with Group requirements in order to fulfil their needs
- Ensure all suppliers, customers, visitors and employees comply with the company health and safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Maintain and develop corporate image and reputation
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity and pricing
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensure that cash and payment systems are followed in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods
- Maximise sales opportunities for related products and Group cross selling, after training
- Communicate and liaise internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Ensure the upkeep of all merchandising to maximise sales, customer satisfaction and appearance
- Attend meetings and group discussions where required
- Chasing up payments
- Using Microsoft Office packages, in particular Word, Excel
- Lifting may be required as experience will be gained in the day-to-day yard operations
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by the company from time to time, as instructed by or under the direction of your immediate supervisor
As part of your contract of employment, completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development.
The requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions, lessons and work-based training/support sessions.
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going
- Access support from your tutor/assessor and manager, when required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Overview of Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation.
Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and servknowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- CommunicationInfluencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedbackTeam working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade C/4 or above or Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given time off, one day per week to study; you are required to attend Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre, you will also attend other meetings via Teams to complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship / other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.