What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Administrator you will take direction, support and instruction from senior members of the team and will support the day-to-day requirements of the business.
Your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Take instruction and guidance from more senior members of the team whilst taking the day-to-day responsibility for the organisation of themselves whilst undertaking specific training and tasks in the office
- Ensure all online training and supporting documents are completed in line with college deadlines
- Develop skills and obtain information to support answering and directing phone calls
- Develop awareness to maintain current filing systems as well as accurate and complete records related to all administration and supporting activities
- With guidance form your supervisor interaction with customers as and when required regarding orders and answering any queries they may have
- With the help and support from your supervisor, liaise with suppliers for matters related to the procurement of project materials, equipment, and sub-contract services
- Ensure schedules are understood and workload is managed to meet the business priorities and objectives
- Ensure compliance with the business management systems requirements for data collation by working to company policies and procedures
- Courteous and informative interaction with work colleagues and other departments, seeking information and guidance when required
- In addition to these departmental responsibilities this job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels
The Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your contract of employment; you are provided with time to study.
The apprenticeship programme will help your personal and professional development, the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments
- Build up your portfolio of evidence
- Access support from your tutor / assessor and manager as and when required
Skills and personal qualities:
- Experience working in an office or customer focussed environment (essential)
- Be willing to learn the ability to work in and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Be willing to gain from other experience on how to be empathetic and flexible with other functions and departments
- Good team working and organisational skills, being able to prioritise requirements to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate at all levels and across several teams including customers, suppliers and GK & N staff.
- The ability to work well under pressure whilst operating within an agile environment
- Develop in time, your own ability to deliver solutions to issues as and when they arise
- Develop good time management and organisational skills, being able to prioritise requirements to meet differing demands
- Be willing to gain more extensive knowledge from others to allow you to deliver a high level of customer service
- People person and organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS word & excel
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Develop in time an understanding of business principles and practices
- Have a keen eye for attention to detail
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Overview of Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation.
- Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude:
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
You are given time off, one day per week to study; you are required to attend Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre; you will also attend other meetings via Teams to complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There is a strong possibility that you will gain a full time position and there are also progression opportunities for other training and or further apprenticeship training courses, subject to successful completion of the apprenticeship and satisfactory employment.
The company is situated in a rural location located in a rural so please check travel arrangements.