What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will learn all aspects of our busy helpdesk and administration functions, with key duties:
- Answering incoming telephone calls from our customers, suppliers and engineers
- Respond to customer queries, logging calls onto the helpdesk system and managing each query through to completion
- Provide customers, suppliers and engineers with feedback throughout the job cycle
- Coordinate engineers work activities and monitor progress to ensure it is completed on time
- Assist in the production of job sheets, purchase orders and operational reports
- Assist in the processing of our purchase and sales ledgers
- Undertake general office administration including dealing with incoming post and emails, coordination of courier deliveries / collections, photocopying and the updating work record files
On successful completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship, the successful candidate could further develop their careers with the company and progress on to an Advanced Apprenticeship.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 1 day a week at Kirklees College, Waterfront, Huddersfield Center
- Level 2 Customer Service
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time job
- Level 3 in Customer Service/Business Administrator