Business Development and Training at Kirklees College
How are apprenticeships structured?
At Kirklees College we offer two levels of Apprenticeship: Intermediate (Level 2) and Advanced (Level 3).
Intermediate Apprenticeships (Level 2)
These usually take between 12-24 months to achieve and typically consist of:
- A relevant Level 2 Competence Based Qualification (NVQ), Level 2 Knowledge Based Qualification (Technical Certificate), and Level 1 Functional Skills;
- Level 2 Knowledge Based Qualification;
- Level 1 Functional Skills Qualification in English and Maths;
- Employee rights and responsibilities;
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
This usually follows successful completion of an Apprenticeship and takes a further 12-24 months to complete. It typically consists of a minimum of:
- A relevant Level 3 Competence Based Qualification (NVQ), Level 3 Knowledge Based Qualification (Technical Certificate), and Level 2 Functional Skills;
- Level 3 Technical Certificates (Knowledge Element);
- Level 2 Functional Skills Qualification in English and Maths;
- Employee rights and responsibilities.
All apprenticeships have a framework that has been developed by a sector skills council in consultation with employers and is designed to meet the specific needs of each particular industry sector. Please contact us to find out about the specific qualifications in your sector and we can also help you to select the most appropriate optional units.