This is an exciting course which will give you an overview of the travel, tourism and aviation industries. You will study a range of qualifications which will let you understand the many different areas of the industry, to help you find the career path that is right for you.
If you are looking for a course which will give you a great starting point to fully explore the travel, tourism and aviation industries, then this is the course for you!
You will study the following mandatory units:
- The UK Travel Industry
- The aim of this unit is to provide you with an understanding of the structures of the UK travel industry and the range of travel options available to customers
- The UK Tourism Industry
- The aim of this unit is to provide you with an understanding of the structures of the UK tourism industry and tourists individual needs
- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- The aim of the unit is to give you a basic understanding of customer service and its importance within the travel and tourism sector. This unit will enable learners to practice the customer service skills necessary for working in the travel and tourism sector.
- Locational Geography
- This unit aims to enable you to use an atlas to locate and name continents, oceans and seas of the world. You will also identify countries and capitals cities of the UK and the world to expand your knowledge.
You will also study 6-9 optional units including:
- Accessible Travel and Tourism
- Travel and Tourism Itineraries
- Worldwide Travel and Tourism Destinations
- The Role of Overseas Resort Representatives
- Providing Information on a Tourism Destination
- You will also have the opportunity to improve your English and maths.
You will be expected to wear a uniform for at least part of the week (details will be given to you at interview). You will also take part in a UK based residential study visit. Trip fees are charged for trips and visits. Financial support may be available from college depending on your personal circumstances - further information will be available at interview.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s with the following grades:
English and maths at 2 or above, and 2 other GCSE’s grade E or above
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade E or above, including English language, and maths at grade F or above, or
- an entry level 3 qualification, entry level 3 English and entry level 2 maths, and
- a good reference.
As with all our courses, this is portfolio based and will include a range of tasks. Some of these will be practical assessments, role plays, written reports, portfolio development and possibly some multiple-choice online tests.
You will also get the opportunity to work within the mock air cabin and you will be expected to help out in Travel, Tourism and Aviation events throughout the year.
Most of our students decide they would like to study further within Travel, Tourism and Aviation. There will be a range of junior opportunities available, however, having successfully completed this programme.
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.