If you want to learn more about the travel and tourism industry, this course is for you.
You will look at areas of the travel and tourism industry which will help you when entering the job market.
You will study one of the following units:
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations
- The aim of this unit is to develop the candidate’s knowledge and skills so they can locate important tourist destinations worldwide, and interpret information needed for travel.
- Promotions and sales in travel and tourism
- The aim of this unit is to provide the candidate with an awareness of promotional activities in the travel and tourism industry and the skills needed to sell products and services to customers.
You will also study optional units including:
- Principles of marketing for travel and tourism
- Special interest holidays and independent travel
- Package holidays
- Arranging business travel
- Farm and rural tourism in the UK
- Worldwide adventure tourism
- Tourism in the UK
- Investigating the cruise industry
Alongside these programmes you will have a weekly tutorial with your course tutor who will work with you to ensure you are as successful as possible and track your progress.
You will be given the opportunity to study a Certificate in Air Cabin Crew alongside your main programme of study.
This programme involves an overseas residential, previous students have been to Paris, Barcelona, Nice and Salou. Trip fees are charged for the trips and visits. However, financial support may be available from college depending on your personal experience.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs with the following grades: English 4 and maths at 3 or above, and 3 other GCSEs grade 4 or above.
You will be assessed with written work, online exams, presentations and practical assessments.
You could progress on to a higher education course, a further course within travel and tourism at level 3 (depending on your age and funding status).
You could begin a career in the travel industry, such as airport customer services, air cabin crew, airport operations/security, a travel consultant, tour operations, holiday rep, business travel, tourist information, visitor attractions, passenger transport stewarding, conferencing, exhibitions, hospitality reception/advanced bookings, leisure complex customer services.
Fees & Funding
As a full time student, under the age of 19, you will not usually need to pay any course or examination fees.
You may need to pay some costs for this course, including stationery and textbooks, travel costs and cost of residentials. Full details are available at interview and enrolment. Help may be available for students in financial difficulties. For more information, contact student support services, tel: 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.