Learning involves both theory and practical sessions and training in the new mock air cabin. This is an ideal programme if you are ambitious and keen to work in the air cabin crew sector.
You will study the following units:
- Introduction to Airline/Aviation Operations
- The aim of this unit is to expand candidates’ knowledge of the aviation industry
- Airline Health, Safety and Security
- The aim of this unit is to enable the candidates to identify a range of legislation and regulations related to activities which airlines adhere to at all times.
- Airline Emergency Procedures
- The aim of this unit is to enable the candidate to respond to various planned and unplanned emergencies on board an aircraft complying with concise instructions.
- Crew Room Duties
- The aim of this unit is to enable the candidate to describe the duties that cabin crew undertake pre and post-flight with the focus of the unit on the duties carried out by cabin crew in the crew room.
- Role of Air Cabin Crew (On Board)
- The aim of this unit is to enable the candidate to develop the necessary knowledge and understanding of the on board role of air cabin crew.
- Preparation of Employment as Air Cabin Crew
- The aim of this unit is to focus on the presentation skills of the candidate in preparation for employment.
You will also study English and maths should you not hold a GCSE grade C or above in these subjects.
Alongside these programmes you will have a weekly tutorial with your course tutor who will work with you to ensure you are as successful as possible and track your progress.
You will be expected to wear a uniform throughout your course.
This qualification is awarded by City and Guilds and was developed in conjunction with employers to provide a modern and updated view of the aviation industry. When you complete it you can leave knowing that you have skills which potential employers are looking for.
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English at grade 3 and maths at grade 2 or above and 2 other GCSEs grade 3.
You will be assessed with written work, online multiple choice tests, presentations and role plays in the college’s aircraft cabin.
You can go on to studt either a City and Guilds Diploma in Travel and Tourism level 3 or a City and Guilds Diploma in Aviation Operation level 3.
Employment as air cabin crew, passenger service agent, ramp handler, or customer service agent are just some of the options which will be available to you.
Fees & Funding
As a full time student, under the age of 19, you will not usually need to pay any course or examination fees.
Please contact student support services, tel: 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.